How to Buy BitcoinNovember 2, 2022
Who Accepts Bitcoin in Australia?
While many enjoy buying bitcoin as a strategy to grow their wealth, others are interested in knowing: “what can I buy with bitcoin in Australia?” It’s good to know that there are many companies using bitcoin, and plenty of businesses that accept bitcoin around the country.
If you would prefer to pay with bitcoin rather than accumulate it, we have gathered a variety of helpful information on how – and where – to spend bitcoin in Australia.
Table of Contents
- What do you need before you pay with bitcoin?
- What can you buy using bitcoin in Australia?
- New South Wales businesses that accept bitcoin
- Queensland businesses that accept bitcoin
- Victorian businesses that accept bitcoin
- West Australian businesses that accept bitcoin
- South Australian businesses that accept bitcoin
- What are the benefits of paying with bitcoin?
What do you need before you pay with bitcoin?
Bitcoin’s popularity has soared in recent years. But despite its apparent ubiquity, there are a few important steps you will need to take before you can start paying with bitcoin. Here are three things that are essential to completing a bitcoin transaction:
- Set up a BTC account with an exchange like Bitaroo; fund your account; and buy bitcoin.
- Find vendors that accept BTC payments.
- Get the recipient's bitcoin address.
It’s actually a very simple process and it makes transacting with bitcoin easy and secure. The only limitations are what vendors are willing to sell in exchange for BTC.
What can you buy using bitcoin in Australia?
While bitcoin may not yet be regarded as legal tender in Australia – meaning you can’t use it to buy anything you want, whenever you want – there is a growing contingent of businesses that accept bitcoin, so you can make purchases without having to spend Australian dollars.
There are even a number of bitcoin ATMs across Sydney and Melbourne, with new ATMs popping up in other major cities like Adelaide. As Bitcoin’s popularity continues to rise, there will be more and more companies using bitcoin to buy and sell goods and services.
In addition to individual businesses accepting bitcoin, there are also dedicated marketplaces set up where users can purchase products with bitcoin: such as online marketplaces to buy and sell cars.
Here’s just a few of the different items you may be able to purchase with BTC:
- Luxury property
- Green energy products
- Medical services
- Food and beverages
If you are interested in using BTC for regular transactions, make sure you do your research with the company or marketplace beforehand to ensure that bitcoin payments are accepted.
New South Wales businesses that accept bitcoin
For bitcoin owners who live in New South Wales, you have arguably the widest selection of places that accept bitcoin in Australia. Here are some ideas to get you started on your buying journey.
Here are some of the cafes, restaurants and other eateries in NSW that accept bitcoin:
- The Owl House – 97 Crown Street, Darlinghurst
- Cellinis Bar Restaurant – Level 2 Shop 46-48 Queen Victoria Building (QVB), George Street, Sydney
- Lezzet Grill and Pide House – 662 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney.
- Black Star Pastry & Cafe – C1/85-113 Dunning Avenue, Rosebery
- Jams Karaoke and Bar – 8 Union Street, Newcastle West
- Peak Coffee Brew Lab & Roastery – 30 Jambali Road, Port Macquarie
Here are some of the shops, online stores and other retail outlets in NSW that accept bitcoin:
- Monstrosity Dreadlocks – 160 Parramatta Road, Stanmore, Sydney
- Babylikestopony – 319 S Dowling Street, Darlinghurst
- Lugarno Pharmacy – 1020 Forest Road, Lugarno
Finally, here are some other business that accept bitcoin across NSW:
- Quality Dental – Ground Floor Sophos House, 3/1 Elizabeth Plaza, North Sydney
- Tamworth Heart Clinic – 40 Piper Street, Tamworth
- Port Stephens Motel – 44 Magnus Street, Nelson Bay
- Racecentre – 20/361 Milperra Road, Bankstown Aerodrome
Queensland businesses that accept bitcoin
Locals and holidaymakers love Queensland for its sunshine and amazing destinations. Now, you can also take advantage of a growing number of companies using bitcoin: and make a purchase with BTC at one of these locations.
Here are some of the cafes, restaurants and other eateries in Queensland that accept bitcoin:
- Boroughs of New York Woodfired Pizza – 757 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley
- Nom Nom Bao – Ground Floor 4/6 Warner Street, Fortitude Valley
- Pablo & Rusty’s Coffee Roasters – 200 Mary Street, Brisbane City
- The Downunder Bar – 102 Lake Street, Cairns City
- Origin Kebabs – Shop 3/88 Surf Parade, Broadbeach
- Ambrosia Indian Restaurant – 310/5 Woolgar Road, Gympie
Here are some of the shops, online stores and other businesses in Queensland that accept bitcoin:
- Lawless Salon – Shop 5, Winn Street, Fortitude Valley
- 1770 Golf Course & Driving Range – 2366 Round Hill Road, Round Hill
Finally, here are some other business that accept bitcoin across Queensland:
- Pineapple Tours – 3200 Surfers Paradise Boulevard, Surfers Paradise
- Gold Coast Aesthetic Dentistry – 3/109 West Burleigh Road, Burleigh Heads
- Oscar Motel – 252 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg West
- Bay Dental Wynnum – 138-140 Tingal Road, Wynnum
Victorian businesses that accept bitcoin
Melbourne is a hub of innovation and full of people who love trying new things. So it’s no wonder bitcoin has taken off with businesses in the Victorian capital and across the state. Here you’ll find a number of businesses willing to accept BTC – plus several bitcoin ATMs in and around the Melbourne CBD.
Here are some of the cafes, restaurants and other eateries in Victoria that accept bitcoin:
- Breakfast at Timothy’s – 189 St Georges Road, Fitzroy North
- Delhi Streets – 22 Katherine Place, Melbourne
- Third Wave Cafe – 181 Victoria Avenue, Albert Park
- Giuseppe’s Pizza – 92 Wilsons Road, Mornington
- Mr Pilgrim – 1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone
- Bruce Lee Sushi & Roll – 25-55 Overland Drive, Narre Warren
Here are some of the shops, online stores and other retail outlets in Victoria that accept bitcoin:
- Eclectico – 163a Acland Street, St Kilda
- Dream Vision Sound – 4 Silverton Drive, Ferntree Gully
- Another World Computer Centre – 429 Sydney Road, Coburg
Finally, here are some other business that accept bitcoin across Victoria:
- Pride of our Footscray Nightclub – 1/86-88 Hopkins Street, Footscray
- Glowgolf Miniature Golf – Shop 35 Star Crescent, Docklands
- Cinta Cottage – 15 Victoria Road, Loch
West Australian businesses that accept bitcoin
Residents of Western Australia are just as keen to get into bitcoin as those on the Eastern Seaboard. Here you’ll find a number of operators happy to accept BTC on your next purchase.
Here are some of the cafes, restaurants and other eateries in WA that accept bitcoin:
- Kerry Street Pear Tree and Woodfire Pizzeria – 1 Kerry Street, Hamilton Hill
- King’s Road Brewing Company – 796 King Rd, Oldbury
- Sinamon – 76 Walcott Street, Mount Lawley
- Frisk Small Bar – 103 Francis Street, Northbridge
- Norfolk Hotel – 47 South Terrace, Fremantle
- Vin’s Tapas – 1/36 South Terrace, Fremantle
Here are some of the shops, online stores and other retail outlets in WA that accept bitcoin:
- Quokka Beds – 4/38 Prindiville Drive, Wangara
- Broadwater Builds – 21a Norman Street, Wembley Downs
Finally, here are some other business that accept bitcoin across WA:
- Old Fire Station Backpackers – 18 Phillimore Street, Fremantle
- Aiyana Retreat – 28/38 Anning Road, Denmark
South Australian businesses that accept bitcoin
It might be best known as the wine capital of Australia, but South Australia is also full of passionate Bitcoiners. In 2021, a bar called The Little Red Door even started accepting bitcoin to purchase their goods.
Here are some of the cafes, restaurants and other eateries in SA that accept bitcoin:
- The Little Red Door – 182b Hindley Street, Adelaide
- Sushi Planet – 1/60 West Terrace, Adelaide
- The Laneway on Ebenezer Cafe – 4/10 Ebenezer Place, Adelaide
- Bici Espresso e Pasticceria – 259 Hutt Street, Adelaide
- Talunga Estate – 198d Torrens Valley Road, Gumeracha
- John Doe’s Local Bar – 162 Gilbert Street, Adelaide
Here are some of the shops, online stores and other retail outlets in SA that accept bitcoin:
- Mega Health – Shop 21, Hallett Cove Shopping Centre, 15/246 Lonsdale Road, Hallett Cove
- Town & Country Mattresses and Beds – 68 Research Road, Pooraka
Approximately 170 OTR convenience businesses, including service stations, C Coffee cafes, as well as Subway, Oporto and Wokinabox restaurants in South Australia will accept bitcoin.
What are the benefits of using bitcoin payments?
For years now, Bitcoin exchanges like Bitaroo have given people a way to buy bitcoin at their leisure—with the Bitcoin network opening up a world of opportunities.
Now, its popularity is seeping into the real world, with more and more places that accept bitcoin around Australia. Some of the biggest benefits of using BTC as a payment method include:
- Anonymity, with no risk of your credit card being stolen or copied.
- Highly convenient, secure and fast.
- An accessible mode of payment that can be conducted completely online.
If you are interested in taking advantage of all these places – and more – that now accept bitcoin in exchange for their goods and services, it’s time to set up an account with Bitaroo. Our platform is highly secure, user-friendly and allows you to make Express BTC purchases with ease.